I used to think that in order to take charge of my financial situation I had to hire a financial adviser, open a savings account and find a better paying job. These are all very important steps but, as I found out, they are often not enough.
You probably know people who work non-stop, earn what seems to be a great salary but still struggle to make ends meet. On the other hand, there are people who are just like a money magnet – they attract money into their lives all the time; they earn ridiculously high salaries; their businesses flourish; they inherit fortunes from relatives they never met.
Why do the majority of people live paycheque to paycheque and others prosper?
Experts say that this is due to money beliefs which can be either positive or negative.
For example, some of the negative money beliefs are:
- Money doesn’t grow on trees.
- I can’t afford that.
- I am not smart enough to make great money.
- I am too young (or too old) to make great money.
- Rich people are selfish and greedy.
- You have to do something unethical to earn a lot of money.
- Making great money takes too much work.
- Money is a root of all evil.
- I am just an immigrant here, so I don’t know anything about making big money.
If you have any of these beliefs installed into your subconscious mind, you will perceive money as something negative and therefore, you won’t have a lot of it in your life. Who wants to have negative things in their lives? We all want to have more positive things in our lives and automatically reject and avoid the negative.
So, just by changing your negative money beliefs into positive money beliefs, you will start attracting more money into your life.
Read the below statements and notice how they make you feel:
- Money flows easily into my life.
- I always have enough money.
- I deserve to make great money.
- Now is the perfect time for me to have money.
- Rich people are generous.
- I can make great money and help others at the same time.
- I enjoy what I do every day.
- Money is a source of positive energy.
- I trust my knowledge and the ability to earn great money.
I have to tell you that these statements instantly make me feel much better about money.
The problem is that our society thrives on negativity and therefore, negative money beliefs are more common. It’s going to take some effort to replace your negative money beliefs with the positive. But don’t worry – there are a lot of books and seminars out there that will help you reprogram your subconscious mind into believing that money is actually a pretty positive thing .
Watching movie The Secret and reading The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker as well as The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy helped me realize that I had to start changing my money beliefs.
If you are looking for more resources to kick start your journey towards financial independence, visit our Your Money page.
Maria Ushakova is the founder of BrilliantWoman.net and advocates optimal wealth and wellness for women immigrants. She created BrilliantWoman.net to inspire and empower women immigrants to live the most vibrant and happy lives.